Ipod Shuffle

FatboySlim71 20:19 21 May 09

I have Itunes installed on my PC for my girlfriend's ipod classic.

I am thinking of getting an Ipod Shuffle for myself but I was wondering how I can import songs on to this without messing up the Itunes library and songs that my girlfriend's ipod uses.

Basically I want to be able to differentiate the difference in itunes from my ipod shuffle and my girlfriend's ipod classic and as such have/use different itunes library. Any help would be much appreciated.

FatboySlim71 23:13 21 May 09

bump

^wave^ 17:15 22 May 09

i run a ipod classic and a shuffle all i do is use play lists and sync from there

FatboySlim71 17:54 22 May 09

Thanks very much for the help Wave its much appreciated.

I have just got my ipod shuffle today.

So correct me if I'm wrong, all I do is connect the shuffle, when it shows up down the left handside of itunes I create a playlist by going into the file menu in itunes and select new playlist.

This playlist will show up down the left handside in the devices part for my shuffle.

But from here on I am not sure what to do and also how to prevent messing up the Itunes library and songs that my girlfriend's ipod and also vice versa for my Ipod shuffle.

What do you do Wave to stop the various ipods you have from having their songs over written when you sync the other ipod?

FatboySlim71 21:40 22 May 09

bump

Mike D 09:52 23 May 09

1 Create a new play list
2 Connect your Shuffle and Specify that it only synchronises (or updates) from your playlist.
3 Disconnect Shffle
4 Select songs from the library and drag and drop into your playlist
5 Connect Shuffle and let it synchronise
6 Voila

Mike D 09:55 23 May 09

Sorry, meant to say that it would be best to create a playlist for your girlfriend if there are songs in your playlist that she doesn't want. Then you set up her iPod to only synchronise from her playlist.
If she always has all the songs on her iPod she doesn't particularly need a seperate playlist.

FatboySlim71 09:57 23 May 09

Thanks very much Mike D for the help its much appreciated, I'll have a go later on when I get back in, thanks again :)

john bunyan 13:51 24 May 09

Just to expand on the above:

In i Tunes if you click edit, preferences, devices and tick "disable automatic synching...." I prefer manual synch as we have a number of iPods and libraries and it avoids mistakes. A better way also is to create a second, new library . A bit complicated but if you hold down shift whilst launching iTunes you can creat a new, or select a different library. I have one for my wife's classic with Stones, etc and amother for grandchildren with Eminem etc.
Probably simpler to do as Mike D says but to keep both i pods on manual synch as above. M grandchildren have a classic and a Nano and as the classic has fims on it the "Mike D" solution works. ,

FatboySlim71 22:09 24 May 09

Thanks to everyone who has replied, your knowledge on this subject has learned me A LOT.

I especially would like to thank john bunyan. I was not aware that it was possibly to create a new (separate library). I have now created a new library for my iPod Shuffle, I feel this was the best solution as it uses a totally separate library from my girlfriend's iTunes library, so it will be impossible for my iPod/iTunes library to overwrite or alter her library as they are totally separate.

The only thing I have to do when I want to add tracks to my iPod for example is to hold Shift down when iTunes is loading and then choose/locate the library for my iPod/iTunes, which I have placed in a folder relatively named to my iPod.

Thanks again everyone I am immensely greatfull :)

john bunyan 23:40 24 May 09

Glad it worked! Don't forget the "resolved" tick! I must say the iPod manual is a bit obscure on this issue.JB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now