ipod or zen?

SURVEY 17:14 09 Dec 08

Having fatally damaged my trusty creative zen vision m 60gb mp3 player I need another. I am considering an ipod classic but I need some advice.

At present all my music is high bit-rated mp3 files, all with album art, genred, playlisted etc. that play well with Windows Media Player and of course are easy to transfer to players such as Creative manufacture. I understand that an ipod will not allow a simple folder or album transfer from PC to ipod without going through i-tunes. I have heard that i-tunes can ruin playlists, mix up tracks and album art only obtainable through the apple store.

Just what sort of probelms can I expect if I go the ipod route. What would anyone recommend? Zen X-fi?

canarieslover 18:29 09 Dec 08

I take it that your Zen really was terminal. I have not yet heard the new Zen X-Fi but some of the reviews indicate that it is just a small step on from Vision M series. I wouldn't recommend iPod purely because of my bad experiences with iTunes. I don't like programs that I have to reformat my hard drive to get rid of completely and I also did not like the way it dictated that I had to work it's way or not at all. Purely personal reasons. I have always liked my Zen for it's sound reproduction, though not with original earphones, but I always rip at high bit rates.
click here
click here

SURVEY 18:56 09 Dec 08

canarieslover - yes, I took the Vision M apart and there were no loose connections etc. Hard disk buzzes and shows as a 'hard disk problem' on screen. I could get a refurbished 'M'for £117 or get a new X-Fi 32Gb for £170 on Amazon.

Like you I believe that Apple is quite restrictive in the way we use our own music so a WMP friendly device probably suits better!

100andthirty 19:50 09 Dec 08

how about this?

click here

or this

click here

No personal experience of either - just googled mp3 player 60gb!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…