iPod Dock Connector

Fraser257 17:24 28 Oct 07

I have an Apple iPod 4G (monochrome screen). I am thinking of getting the new iPod Nano, but I'm aware that it doesn't come with a power adapter.

I've got a Firewire cable for my 4G at the moment that fits my power adapter, but I'd like to know whether I can use that cable with the new Nano.

All replies appreciated.

Regards,
Fraser

john bunyan 17:41 28 Oct 07

Your heading is Dock connector. Usually iPods come with a USB connector (?not firewire) which doubles up as a charger when plugged in to your computer. You can buy a mains plug adapter that takes the USB from the iPod or, if you buy a dock or speaker system they charge the iPod. I suggest a speaker dock with built in radio so you could replace old cassete of DVD / radio all - in ones.
Argos do cheaper iPod speakers / docks.

Fraser257 18:07 28 Oct 07

I know that you can buy USB power adapters, but my question is, basically: Can I use my 4G Firewire cable with the Nano?

bremner 18:57 28 Oct 07

Yes you can.

Fraser257 21:19 28 Oct 07

Thanks alot, much appreciated.

Regards,
Fraser

flashfun 10:18 29 Oct 07

Remember do not copy DVDs that you do not own! It is illegal to make a copy of a movie for use on your device if you do not own the original.

The legality of DVD ripping will vary based on your country of residence. Accelerate does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

1, Download the Accelerate
click here DVD to iPod Converter from click here iPod&iPhone converter,and install it.

2, Insert a DVD into your DVD driver and launch Accelerate DVD to iPod Converter.

click here

3, Click "Open DVD" button and you'll see a dialog below, just click "Next" for the next step.

click here

4, This dialog shows the contents table of the DVD movie to be converted. Click plus "+" before the DVD title to expand the title tree.

click here

5, You may need to change the DVD title. To do this, put your desired name into the "Title" edit box. This will be the file name in your iPod. To choose a subtitle, you need first select the responding title item (which is usually the longest chapter), and then choose the appropriate subtitle in the drop-down box. To choose an audio, refer to the operation of choosing subtitle.

6, "Save as" is used to save the converted file to a folder in the hard disc. Click "Browse" button to change the default folder.

7, Now click "Convert" to start converting. The display on the top shows the converting progress. You may also preview the DVD movie in the Preview Display on the right.

click here

8, When the conversion is completed, the folder where you save the converted file automatically opens.
9, Launch iTunes and choose "File -> Add File to Library". Choose the .mp4 file you have created. Load it on your iPod and start enjoy your movie now!

click here

flashfun 05:42 30 Oct 07

The legality of DVD ripping will vary based on your country of residence. Lenogo does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.
1, Download the fastest Video to iPod converter software Lenogo DVD to iPod Converter from click here, and install it.

2, Launch Lenogo Video to iPod Converter.
click here

3, Click "Add File" button and you'll see a dialog below. If you want to see the full list of all supported video formats, the check the "Advanced Mode (for more video formats)" checkbox. Select the video file you want to convert, and click "Open" button.
click here

4, This dialog shows the contents table of the the movies to be converted.
click here

5, You may need to change the video title. To do this, put your desired name into the "Title" edit box. This will be the file name in your iPod.
click here

6, "Save as" is used to save the converted file to a folder in the hard disc. Click "Browse" button to change the default folder.
click here

7, Now click "Convert" to start converting. The display on the top shows the converting progress. You may also preview the video in the Preview Display on the right.
click here
8, When the conversion is completed, the folder where you save the converted file automatically opens (you may also open the folder using menu "Edit -> Open Output Folder"). If you will convert another video file, select menu "Edit -> Remove All", and then go to the step 4.
Notes for veterans:

We offer a wide range of advanced options for veterans. E.g. you may choose to convert any segment of a DVD movie; you may adjust DVD video and audio properties. Just click "Settings" button for more choice.

click here

bigtree22 06:31 09 Dec 07

Share : rip DVD and convert Video to iPod
The article includes two parts.
Part 1: Rip DVD movie to iPod (Windows)
Part 2: Convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG to iPod MP4 or H264 format (Windows)

[1]How to rip DVD to iPod (Windows)
1. Download the latest version DVD to iPod Converter + iPod Movie/Video Converter Suite at click here and install it. You can download about it by referrring here.
[IMG]click here[/IMG]
2. Run the DVD to iPod Converter, load your DVD by clicking 'Open DVD' button or choosing 'Open DVD' from 'File' drop down menu. One or several titles appear in the list after loading DVD.
[IMG]click here[/IMG]
3. As usual, the longest title is the main file of the movie. You can remove the title you don't like to convert by unchecking the title. Set 'Subtitle', 'Audio Languages' to what you like.

4. To 'Output Folder', Enter the full pathname or choose the path where you want to save your video files by clicking the related button.

5. Click 'Convert' button to start the iPod DVD conversion.

6. Find the .mp4 file that DVD to iPod converter created and drag it into your iTunes library, or select 'Add File to Library' from the 'File' menu and select the encoded movies. Now you can watch it with iTunes or Quicktime Player on your PC.
Tips: Download iTunes 7+quicktime Player package from [url=click here]Apple - QuickTime - Download[/url]
[IMG]click here[/IMG]
7. Load the MP4 files to iPod by clicking 'File -> Update iPod'. Now, you can enjoy the movies on your fifth generation video iPod anywhere and anytime.

[2] How to convert iPod video, such as AVI to iPod, WMV to iPod, MPEG to iPod, RM to iPod, RMVB to iPod, ASF to iPod, MPG to iPod, DivX to iPod, XviD to iPod video using "cucusoft iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Suite". (Windows)

1. Download the latest version iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Converter Suite, and install it. For more features about it, visting click here

Related download
* To convert RM/RMVB real media files to iPod, Maybe need to install Realplayer:
[url=click here]RealPlayer - The best audio and video player - Real.com[/url]
* To convert WMV, ASF to iPod, Maybe need to install Windows Media Player:
[url=click here]Microsoft Windows Media — Your Digital Entertainment Resource[/url]

2. Run iPod Video converter component. And load the video files you'd like to convert by clicking 'Open file' button.
[IMG]click here[/IMG]
Click 'Output' and choose the pathname where you want to save your video files. Click 'Convert' to start converting video to iPod MP4 or H264 files.

Tips: Before converting, you can click 'Advance -> Video settings' to set 'Video format', 'Resolution', 'Framerate', 'Output Quality'. If you'd like to convert video to H264 files, please set 'Video format' to 'H.264 FQ Variable Bitrate'. 'MPEG4(.mp4) FQ Variable Bitrate' is the default value. Certainly, you can also set 'Audio Bitrate', 'Channels', 'Sample Rate' and 'Volume' in 'Audio Settings' page.
[IMG]click here[/IMG]
As usual, we set "Resolution" as "320x240" (i.e. default settings), certainly you can also choose other video sizes you like.

3. After converting, you can open the output folder to check and play the iPod video files (.mp4 or .mov) using Quicktime Player (Freeware, Quicktime Player+iTunes downloading address [url=click here]Apple - QuickTime - Download[/url] ).

4. Transfer the iPod videos to iTunes by draging or clicking "File -> Add File to Library". Now, you can enjoy them on iTunes. Then hit "File -> Update iPod" to sync to your iPod.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…