ipod classic won't sync

matthewowl 21:15 11 Jun 09

Hi
I have had a problem for a few weeks whereby some albums won't play properly on my ipod - each track plays for a while then simply skips to the next track.

So i decided to restore my ipod to factory settings using itunes. This appeared to go OK but means I have to resync my whole library. I'm finding that after about 5 minutes syncing itunes and the ipod simply seize up.

Any ideas?

The ipod is only a couple of months old.

mole44 04:18 12 Jun 09

first hold down middle and top button on your ipod to see if a reset help.if not ake your ipod back and get it replaced/repaired,it might be faulty.be calm when you go back,loose your temper loose the argument.

matthewowl 16:14 04 Sep 09

I am still battling dixons-on-line with this issue. It has just gone for repair for the 3rd time. The two previous occasions have resulted in it being returned saying there's nothing wrong with it. Dixons attitude is appalling; they just keep saying if the tests don't find anything wrong with it then they can't do anything. The matter isn't helped by the tests being performed by a third party. I have looked at consumer advice on directgov and my next step seems to be the small claims court which seems ridculous. I keep telling dixons that they have to demonstrate to me that the ipod works (i think the Sale of Goods Act says this) but their replies avoid answering questions issues like that. Any advice would be most welcome.

^wave^ 13:13 05 Sep 09

i would take it too a store and let them here the problems you are having you may be lucky and they will swap it for you there and then be calm tell them your story see what they say

matthewowl 14:11 05 Sep 09

They say there are no longer any dixons stores....just the website.

john bunyan 14:44 05 Sep 09

Dixons is now Currys. I have had a Classic replaced there under warranty.

matthewowl 16:17 05 Sep 09

was it one you boughton-line from dixons?

john bunyan 19:48 05 Sep 09

Bought in Dixons Store. Returned to a Curry's store. I would try a visit to your local Currys, it can do no harm!

matthewowl 22:21 06 Oct 09

Hi. Just thought I'd let people know this was resolved by visiting the Apple Store. They took a quick look and decided the hard drive was bust and gave me a new ipod there and then. I was expecting them to be able to confirm it was broke then i was off to the Currys store as John B suggested.
Thanks for the suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5