iPod Classic

john bunyan 21:40 PM 11 Apr 11
Answered

I have been trying to buy an iPod Classic to replace a duff one for my grand daughter. They seem in very short supply. Is a new model in the near offing? She likes the 160 gig at a lower price than the 32 gig Touch.Currys, Argos, Comet all out of stock; Apple shops have some, but my nearest store is a little far. This is one of the few items I like to buy with an extended warranty as two have gone belly up in year 2 or 3, so prefer not to buy on line.

bremner 12:57 PM 12 Apr 11

Opinion is divided on whether the scarcity of Classics indicted a new one on the way or it's end Classic

bremner 13:03 PM 12 Apr 11

*You can get one next day delivery from Apple Store Online with AppleCare Apple Store Online

john bunyan 18:20 PM 12 Apr 11

bremner Yes I know Apple have a few, but they only offer a 2 as opposed to a 3 year warranty extension. Argos have a 3 year (paid for)one and this is one of the few items I have found it to be worth while. I may get a 32 Gig Touch at quite a big premium as she uses only about 17 gig at present. I hope the Touch's SSD is more robust than the Classic's spinning disc. I suspect Apple are restricting supples to 3rd parties as you imply,seekimg to persuade folk to upgrade to the more expensive Touch.

bremner 11:05 AM 13 Apr 11
Answer

John

Amazon have it and they offer a three year warranty for £39.00

Amazon

john bunyan 21:59 PM 15 Apr 11

Bremner Thanks. I think she will go for a Touch 32 gig.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone