iPod Battery Replacement

Fraser257 17:56 25 Nov 07

I've had my iPod 4G for almost 3 years now. I am hardly getting any life at all from the battery, and the battery test on Apple's website only gave me 3 out of 12 hours of continuous playback.

I don't particularly want a refurbished replacement iPod, so would it be possible to have the battery replaced at an Apple Store?

Any reply appreciated.

Zak 18:19 25 Nov 07
  Zak 18:21 25 Nov 07
  Zak 18:22 25 Nov 07

Adding to my earlier post.

Fraser257 18:37 25 Nov 07

I'd rather not try DIY replacement, I'm only 13 with about as much DIY experience as a hamster and my parents wouldn't know enough about iPods to attempt it.

Could I have the battery replaced at the Apple Retail Store?

Zak 18:47 25 Nov 07

If your iPod is out of warranty, you can get your battery replaced at an Apple Authorised Service Provider (£49 - search for "Find Service") or use the online service (£69) here: Apple Out-Of-Warranty Battery Replacement.

click here

click here

Zak 18:56 25 Nov 07

Should read Online £69.

If you take to an Apple Authorised Service Provider then £49.

Fraser257 17:16 26 Nov 07

I've had a look on Apple's site, and my nearest AASP appears to be 'Scotsys', 10 minutes down the road.

click here

I'll probably go at the weekend to see if or when I can have it done.

Can they do it there and then or do I need to book the iPod in?

Zak 18:56 26 Nov 07

Don't know but probably will need to be booked in and then collected.

Anyway good luck with it and hope you get a speedy service.

Fraser257 21:56 26 Nov 07

Thanks for your replies.

I'm actually going to wait and see whatx Xmas brings this year, I'm considering maybe getting a new iPod, as I've had this one for about 3 years now. I fit means I have to sit it on the dock every night to charge it, then so be it :-)

ipod-geek 16:52 20 Jun 09

you could get an external battery pack...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…