iPhone 5C exposed to water

Clarehair85 15:45 12 Apr 14

Hi

My New iPhone 5C has been exposed to water or moisture whilst cycling in the rain to work and is now not working as it should. The home button is not as responsive and the ring tone is very quiet. I took it to the nearest Apple store, and they said that it is not covered under warranty because of the water entering the iPhone and I would need to buy a NEW ONE!!!

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford a new phone (only 2 months old!)

Thanks

Forum Editor 17:21 12 Apr 14

Many people have found that phones work normally after exposure to moisture, once they have been thoroughly dried out.

Open your phone, take the battery out, and put the open phone in a dry, warm place for at least 24 hours - an airing cupboard is ideal. With luck you'll find that all is well when you replace the battery - it depends on how much water got inside.

I once dropped a phone in a toilet. It worked normally after a thorough drying out.

Clarehair85 08:12 13 Apr 14

Thanks Forum Editor for your reply

I have no idea how to get the battery out of the iPhone, and I do not want to attempt it just in case I make it worse. I have used the Revive a phone solution as seen on Dragons den and its a waste of money and time, didn't do anything. I have placed the phone on top of the radiator. The iPhone doesn't connect to iTunes or charge up now and I am desperate to backup some data and photos which are on the iPhone. I also have no insurance! - What a mess I know.

I have posted my dilemma on another Mac specific forum waiting for a miracle suggestion or cure.

I you think of anything else or recommend anyone who can help I would be very grateful.

Peterj77 08:32 14 Apr 14

Hi Jock1e

Your talking to a girl who has trouble wiring up a plug and changing a car tyre is a mission!! Actually I have never tried changing a car tyre.

But thanks for the link to the you tube video.

Clarehair85 08:46 14 Apr 14

You cheeky * Peterj77!!!

Its the last time I private message you.

Jock1e - thanks for the video, but as Peterj77 has highlighted I am useless with anything slightly tech. I don't even own a screwdriver, a cork screw I do.

I will look around the web for maybe some advice.

Thanks again guys (apart from Peter)

Clarehair85 07:36 15 Apr 14

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help. I have decided to send my iPhone to iPhonefixed. They said they have an 70% success rate but they are worried I have left it too late getting my iPhone looked at.

Fingers crossed.

SmartPhoneTabletFix 15:50 16 Apr 14

he revive solution unfortunately would of rendered it useless, with water damage the best thing to do is as already stated. Dry as quick as possible and cross the fingers, lots of people say they have a rate of success just to get the phone to them....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac