Internet tv

john bunyan 04 Jan 11

I am thinkimg of getting a new TV (A Panasonic). Some have a so - called internet option, but you have to buy a wi fi dongle to connect to your wi fi network, and is primarily designed to use i Player and other catch ups.Could the same dongle and network be used to stream video files from the desktop? Eg I have W7 with MCE and a Wireless N router - could I stream recorded TV shows, films etc in this way? Too far to connect by ethernet.Also the TV has a USB Port. Could I put a TV show recorded on my MCE on a USB memory stick or USB HD and plug it into the TV to watch without having to change the recording format in MCE or would i have to transcode it?

john bunyan 04 Jan 11

Thanks. Will study the link etc.

proudfoot 07 Jan 11

Is there any equipment on the market to enable video streaming to an older digital TV without a USB connection but has HDMI and AV inputs.

john bunyan 07 Jan 11

I had (have) a Phillips system that streamed from a downstairs DVD recorder to an upstairs TV _ I think it had special SCART plugs. The quality was poor as my walls are thick. In the end bought a second Freeview HD/DVD recorder!

proudfoot 08 Jan 11

I believe I may be able to answer my own query. click here
If I understand the description correctly you connect the unit to your hub via an Ethernet cable and HDMI cable to the TV you can then stream video and audio from any PC on your network wirelessly to the TV.

sri34 09 Feb 11

Is there any equipment on the market to enable video streaming to an older digital TV without a USB connection but has HDMI and AV inputs.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message