Internet radio/streaming

ashdav 00:23 06 Nov 05

There have been several posts of late regarding streaming. In particular BBC listen again sites. I offer the following info based on my own experience after much experimentation.
WMP is not very good with all formats of streamed files. Open WMP and select Tools from the top of the screen then File Types and untick ALL the files shown .
click here Download and install the Megacodec pack (not the Beta version). You will be presented with a list of codecs to install. Scroll down to Mpeg2 and select Elecard in the first section and Ligos in the section immediately below. This will enable playback of DVDs.
When asked to set Media Player Classic as default player tick the box.
When the list of file types appears tick everything.
After closing the installation program two boxes are presented for Realplayer and Quicktime. Tick both of these and follow any prompts.
You can now listen/watch anything. If a box comes up saying that Windows cannot open this (media) file then select choose from list of programs and select Media Player Classic and always use this program for this type of file. This will only happen for obscure file types (bin+cue for example).
I have yet to find a file type that Media Player Classic will not open. If anyone tries this and has any problems please post here.
Good Luck..

Kev.Ifty 01:20 06 Nov 05

:-)

I'll be back.....

Chegs ® 02:47 06 Nov 05

I saw this post and thought "I'll have some of that" Got the d/l,installed following the instructions, then went for a browse. Very impressed, I came back here to report and thank you, but had a sudden burst of inspiration, and opted to checkout the video files already on my PC.The plugins had totally screwed JetAudio's playback of video.Those that actually showed an image onscreen,took approx 30 secs to play thru a few mins,the remainder showed no picture at all.The MediaPlayer Classic plays everything,as you stated.Just you have to rearrange the playback on already installed players.Still,one player now fits all,so I will remove my other players and reinstall them to repair their playback(when I require them)Thanks for the heads up.

picklsey 04:59 06 Nov 05

for ref.

bobbybowls 08:10 06 Nov 05

Thanks :-)I was having problems with listen again feature this has cured it.

Forum Editor 09:53 06 Nov 05

and I'll move it there now.

GroupFC 22:30 09 Nov 05

Thanks for that - I have just followed your posting to the letter and I am now a "happy bunny"!

ade.h 14:35 11 Dec 05

Bookmarked

Qdiddy 10:47 17 Dec 05

bookmarked. thanks.

Ditto

bellababy 06:59 08 Jan 06

Also

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…