Internet radio/streaming 2

ashdav 00:44 24 Feb 06

As an update to my previous post re Media Player Classic, there have been several updates to the original program and installation is now a lot easier.
If you want to set MPC as your default player (recommended) then open WMP and select Tools from the options bar. Select File types and untick everything.
Download the Megacodec pack from click here and run the install.
When prompted select Next, I agree, etc. until the list of options appears.
This will open as Default installation. Leave this as is and select Next at the bottom of the window.
Scroll down the next window and tick -
Create desktop icon
In the audio setup tick whatever applies to your speaker setup.
Untick the codec updates.
Select next.
When the Quicktime and Real boxes appear, tick them both then finish.
When the Real window opens select the internet speed that matches your connection most closely. If in doubt select the one that's just under.Then Next/Finish
In the Quicktime window just click OK.
Everything you need should now be installed to watch/listen to everything.
If the window pops up saying Windows cannot open this (media) file then use the browse box to go to where you've installed Klite Megacodec and select Mediaplayer Classic/mpenc.
If anyone has any problems then please post back here.
Ashdav

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:12 27 Feb 06

Original Posst click here

habs 20:37 27 Feb 06

ashdav
please i need your help.I have problem with windows media player.I can't see a lot of movies using( mpeg) format.

everytimes i click on start,an error come saying:

when i click on more information this happen;

C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is

not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000
Web Help

I followed everything you have said above step by step.When i tried to see the movies,which i wasn't been able to see with windows media player,by using megacodec pack,in the movies an error saying:
Failed to render the file

Can you please tell me how to fix the error.thank you so much for your help in advance

My kindest regards
habs

ashdav 00:49 28 Feb 06

From experience if you get "failed to render the file" it means one of two things:-
1)if you're trying to stream a file off the internet then it's a problem with the server you're connected to.
2)if the file is on your computer then it's corrupt or a format not supported by MPC (although this is unlikely).

Go to start/all programs/K-lite codec pack/tools and select Gspot.
Drag and drop the file you have trouble with in the Path window and you will see if you have codecs for it at the top right of the window

ashdav 00:52 28 Feb 06

Are the movies in KVCD format ?

habs 19:38 28 Feb 06

thank you so much for your reply quickly.

I opened and select Gspot as you mentioned,i browse to the files i have problems with(i don't know how to drag and drop in the path windows,that is way i browse the files which i have problem with.

The files which doesn't work it says:
file type:unknown
Mime type:unknown

The files which (does) work:
it says:
File type:ASF(.WMA/.WMV)
Mime type: video/x-ms_ash

no the movies is normal mpeg,not KVCD format

Can you please reply to me as soon as you can please.

thank you for your help in advance

My kindest regards
habs

habs 19:39 28 Feb 06

Mime type: video.x-ms_ash

ashdav 20:57 28 Feb 06

I'm sorry but unless you can identify the file extension there's not a lot I can do.
I suspect that what you are trying to watch isn't a video format that's why it comes back as file type:unknown.
In future if you have any more queries like this you would be better off posting them in the helproom forum. You'll get more people looking at it there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…