Installing new ringtone on phone

ponytail 10:43 05 Jan 14

I would like to get a different ring tone on my phone which is a Blackberry 8520 curve.I downloaded a few ring tones from Phone Zoo which are on my Laptop how do I get them onto my phone.Also it said I can download straight to the phone but not sure of the method.Can someone advise on either or both methods.

ponytail 10:52 05 Jan 14

When I click on my computer should I see any reference to the phone because there is nothing there now and if the phone does not appear on my computer how do you transfer the ring tones to it

ponytail 21:58 05 Jan 14

I thought I had had some replies to this post my mistake this is how far I have got.This laptop does not have bluetooth so have a used a bluetooth dongle and paired it with the phone the phone is listed in devises and printers the ring tone is located in downloads in C drive I right click icon click on send to select bluetooth device but then I get no option as to where to send it.It should go to the phone

ponytail 23:44 05 Jan 14

Have tried two bluetooth dongles and have just noticed that it does not say either are suitable for windows 7.I used them on my desktop but my O/S then was XP.Will get another up to date one tomorrow suitable for windows 7

mart7 19:15 06 Jan 14

Ponytail can you not just plug the blackberry into the laptop via the data lead that comes with the blackberry and transfer the audio files from the laptop to the phone?

The phone should show up on your laptop when connected this way

mart7 19:18 06 Jan 14

Step by step instructions here

click here

ponytail 20:49 06 Jan 14

Hi Mart7, Have just done that and it is asking for the device password It says Mass Storage Mode is being Activated.Enter your device password to grant access not sure what password they mean what device do they mean.

ponytail 20:58 06 Jan 14

Found this on google click here when I click on computer cannot see anything about portable devices

But

ponytail 20:59 06 Jan 14

This part puzzles me

o add a ringtone to your phone using a Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC Connect your phone to your PC, then do one of the following:

On a Windows Vista or Windows 7 PC, click Start, then click Computer. On a Windows 8 PC, click Desktop, click File explorer, then click Computer. Under Portable Devices, double-click your phone, double-click the Phone folder, then double-click the Ringtones folder.

mart7 21:48 06 Jan 14

Thats to do with a windows8 phone is your link,you have a blackberry not a win8 phone, have you read the step by step instructions i linked you to? simply locate your phone in windows may come up as blackberry or mass storage usb device,open it and look for audio or ringtone folder,locate the ringtone on your pc and drag and drop it in the phones audio folder

mart7 21:51 06 Jan 14

The password must be for your phone,ie mass storage device

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos