Images back up

RedYelBlu 13:11 15 Jul 06

Hi, can someone suggest some backup software for the images I have on my PC? I have 2 hard drives and both have 2 partitions. ( Master hdd has 1 partion for Windows etc. and the other partition is for Camera images, scanned pics and Docs). I save images onto the master hdd and then backup onto the slave hdd. This means I have to copy over all the image folders into a new folder which I name 'copy of x 15-07-06'. I then delete the previous 'copy of x'.
Does anyone know of any software that will copy over images etc. to the slave hdd but only copy over new images etc. since the previous backup? It does seem pointless and time wasting backing up every thing every time, and then deleting half of it again! Also will the software work with an external hdd? Thank you, Ray.

ade.h 15:42 15 Jul 06

There is no backup software that is specifically for images, but you'll find that it doesn't matter. I use EZ Backitup. click here

RedYelBlu 09:14 16 Jul 06

Thanks, I had looked at this before but Im not certain if it backed up on the fly or if I had to backup say once a week. I dont save my images into My documents/my pictures, but put them into named folders on the master partition ie. garden, Holiday 2005, Holiday 2006 etc. Just wondered if there was some software that would save the image into the folder on the master partition and in the the backup folder on the slave partition at the same time?
Im worried about master hdd failure in between backups. I suppose I could also my the default My documents/My Pictures folder onto the master partition, and then save my images there, and then use the windows backup which will automaticaly over write the previous backup?

Arnie 17:45 16 Jul 06

If your data is of value to you, don't just rely on hard drive backups.

Read my posting here.

Also read what the FE has to say on the subject.

click here

ade.h 18:44 16 Jul 06

A program such as I recommended can gather together disparate file locations in a backup job and save them to any external medium of your choosing. It can be configured to delete files at the backup location if they are no longer at the source. Pretty much one click and it's done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced