I player progs

kimtrnc 15:52 13 Apr 09

Becasue I have a very slow connection, I have to download BBC catch-up programs via Iplayer. Once downloaded, how can I copy these to disk, so my non-PC family can watch on DVD player at times they choose.
TIA
Kimig

Kemistri 20:28 14 Apr 09

That is what DRM is for: to prevent people from stepping outside of copyright and usage restrictions by making and distributing copies. Even one copy provided to a family member would, quite correctly, infringe the BBC's copyright and go beyond your usage rights. The BBC makes some provision for downloading to mobile devices. Perhaps your family could use that facility.

The iPlayer's Help files explain things like this: click here

kimtrnc 04:08 15 Apr 09

thanks for that Kemistri - I have no wish to distribute anything. I only want to be able to show these progs to my own immediate live-with family.
If my computer wasn't in a room a LONG way from the main TV I would join it with some sort of interface cable, but it really isn't practical.
Oh well, maybe I can persuade my VERY VERY non-techie husband to venture into my computer room......

Kemistri 13:09 15 Apr 09

Placing content onto recorded media and passing it to someone else is considered to be a form of distribution, as far as copyright law goes. That's why the Beeb has the right to try to prevent it by using DRM.

Tell your hubbie that it's not as bad as he thinks. Even my 65 yr old Luddite parents have been encouraged to use iPlayer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…