I need help attaching aerial

Danimar 19:39 11 Nov 07

I have a TV with integeral Freeview and a lovely HDD, DVD, VHS recorder. I would like to record digital channels and be able to watch another. I have been told a Freeview box should do the trick, but don't know where to put the aerial, in tv, or recorder, or box? HELP

100andthirty 19:48 11 Nov 07

I presume you DVD/HDD doesn't have a freeview tuner?

If so,

For aerial

connect from wall to external freeview. External Freeview to DVD/HDD; then to VHS (if separate) and then to TV.

You will need to connect the external freeview box to the AV in SCART socket on the DVD/HDD

Danimar 16:08 12 Nov 07

thanks for your help. I'll do that

Danimar 19:18 23 Dec 07

I bought a freeview box, attached it - success, except the colour is wonky, blue green pink, everything but normal.

suggestions please

Stuartli 19:23 23 Dec 07

Would appear to be infirm Scart cable(s) connection or you need to compare Composite and RGB outputs in the Freeview box's menu setup.

Another thought is that you could be inadvertently using a one-way only Scart cable and need to switch it the other way.

anchor 09:39 24 Dec 07

If you eliminate possible problems with the scart, and you have a good aerial signal, then the freeview box may be faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…