I Need back-up software for away-from-home?

lavyrnia 13:14 PM 28 Jul 10

Hi,

I have an external HDD which I use to back-up my files from my laptop when I am at home.

I often spend time away from home and am looking for advice on the best method/software of being able to sync/back-up my data to a temporary source whilst I am away until I can get back to my HDD at home.

For example such as: if I had some new important files created away from home is there software that would automatically sync the new/modified files to a temporary location (such as online storage) so then when I get home I can copy them across - and be sure that if my laptop died before getting home my files would still be safe and up to date elsewhere?

I know I could manually back-up everything new I create but was hoping for a more automatic solution that just worked in the background?

Any ideas let me know :-)

Cheers
Danielle

john bunyan 22:17 PM 28 Jul 10

Depending on the amount of data - if a memory stick (say 5 - 10 gig?) would be enough you could use a "mirror imaging" programme such as FreeFileSynch for the folders concerned and reverse synch when you get home.I think there are on line solutions as well.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites