i have movie shaker etc for my sony dcr ip7, is th

andy63walsh 08:15 04 Aug 08

i have movie shaker etc for my sony dcr ip7, is there any thing better, as i can't seem to get the dv tape recordings onto my hard drive, the software that came seems to hard to work, it goes through a firewire cable.

LAP 09:05 04 Aug 08

You could try Movie Maker which is supplied with Win XP. I use it with my Sony tape video camera. I presume with Vista as well.

LAP 09:42 04 Aug 08

Checked 4 sites and not very good reports about MovieShaker.

andy63walsh 11:41 04 Aug 08

tried all the sony software that came with the camcoerder, none work, do you know of any software that you can use, that is more 'user friendly' ??

LAP 12:59 04 Aug 08

I use Windows MovieMaker. Select it from your program list.

Then connect your camera via the Firewire cable.

Click on 'View'/select 'Task Pane'/select 'Capture from Video Device'

You will then see your camera select this. Then you will have the choice of selecting/editing your video manually. See how you get on?

andy63walsh 18:23 04 Aug 08

I don't think i have windowsMovieMaker, i will try to download a copy.

LAP 19:10 08 Aug 08

How did you get on?

Ventad 11:39 09 Aug 08

Can you then make a DVD that can be played on DVD players in associoation with a TV from Windows Moviemaker?

LAP 14:34 09 Aug 08

ventad, I have never used Windows Movie Maker to create a video DVD. In the help section this is what it says use rewriteable CD (CD-R or CD-RW)

In Windows Movie Maker, movies saved to a recordable CD are saved by using Microsoft HighMAT™ technology. A HighMAT (High-performance Media Access Technology)

HighMAT CD-writing capabilities in Windows XP and other software products make creating HighMAT CDs as easy as any other homemade CDs. But when you play your new CDs on a HighMAT DVD player, you'll experience the following benefits:

Faster and easier navigation
A simple menu makes it easy to select the music, photos, or videos you want with a single click of your DVD player's remote control.

Quicker access to CD content
Now you can review your CD contents, including playlists, folder names, titles, and other important information, directly on the TV screen. See full song names, artist names, album titles, and music genre.

More consistent, high-quality media playback
No more hit-or-miss experiences when you play your homemade CDs. With HighMAT technology, you can consistently find and play the content you want on a broad range of DVD players, home theater systems, and other media devices available today.

I hope this helps.

Ventad 16:55 09 Aug 08

Why I asked that question on andy63walsh thread is that the answer would help myself and probally andy63walsh as well.

LAP 19:31 09 Aug 08

Just let 'us' know how you get on. 'It's good to talk.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…