I can't delete books off my Kindle!

I need help! 22 01:41 04 Feb 16

I have been wanting to delete some books. But I can't use Amazon. I have a touchscreen kindle with 4 bars and no arrows. I need help FAST!

You cannt delete those apps

alanrwood 10:54 04 Feb 16

Which Kindle?

iscanut 15:09 04 Feb 16

You don't need to go onto Amazon to delete items from the Kindle.

lotvic 17:56 04 Feb 16

As far as I remember, you press and hold on the title of the book until a menu pops up and then you can tap/press on Delete this book - here's a howto click here

wee eddie 18:15 04 Feb 16

As a matter of interest. Why do you want to delete these books?

From memory, most Kindles contain sufficient storage space for more books than most of us read in a lifetime

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 04 Feb 16

wee eddie

about a 1000 but the more books you have on the harder it is to navigate through the list :0)

have about 4000 books but only keep 10/12 on the kindle I use Calibre to manage my library and convert books between different formats.

The only time I go to the proper Library now is to get Audio books for use in the car.

lotvic 19:01 04 Feb 16

Fruit Bat /\0/\, snap, I use Calibre in same way. I use my Hudl2 and Alkido to read (epub) in preference to my old non-touchscreen and no backlight Kindle, but Mum (95) has a Kindle Paperwhite and loves it.

wee eddie 14:02 05 Feb 16

Fruit Bat and Lotvic. I'm not sure whether you noticed but, I was actually asking "I need help" why the question had been asked as, to my mind, there may be a misunderstanding somewhere,

I am fascinated as to your opinions but, they do not advance the thread.

alanrwood 15:33 05 Feb 16

Still need to know which version of the Kindle as they are not all touch screen.

I agree however that Calibre is probably the best bet.

lotvic 14:16 06 Feb 16

wee eddie, I can be a bit presumptuous at times, sorry. For my part (and sins) I assumed that OP had read the books and wanted to de-clutter the Kindle. From my own experience wading through index pages of book titles that I'd already read and finished with or decided were rubbish reads is irritating.

As far as 'advancing the thread' - If the OP wasn't aware of, and is now interested in, the free Calibre ebook manager for pc via which a Kindle (or other tablet etc) can be connected and books deleted or added that way as well, likely will prob ask for more info about that now it's been mentioned. Or maybe has followed Fruit Bat /\0/\'s link and is busy learning about it.

My own kindle got clogged up with the 100s of free books that are available via Amazon and other sites that do the out of copyright books. Tended to go a bit mad on getting free books when I first got my kindle LOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5