I am unable to download the free version of AVG13

naviator 17 Sep 12

I have used AVG12 for a long time. A suggested update to AVG13 appeared which I tried to download. After going so far the message "Prepare driver installation failed. The specified registry key does not exist." appeared. Unfortunately AVG12 had been wiped from my computer and I can't get it back.

rdave13 18 Sep 12

Run Ccleaner's registry cleaner. Select the 'fix' tab and don't save. Reboot, which is important. Try installing the latest version again. If that fails then use the removal tool. Download and save to desktop. Reboot to safe mode and run the removal tool. Re-boot and try to install the latest version.

click here

Forum Editor 29 Sep 12

Quite a few people - me included - have experienced some difficulties with this upgrade not installing.

After some fiddling I did get it to work, but there's obviously a problem somewhere.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message