Humax freesat + FOXSAT-HDR

Border View 13 Feb 10

We are giving serious consideration to buying the Humaz freesat + FOXSAT-HDR. Main reason to record freesat programs.

If anyone has one of these can you tell me are you able to record programs which will automatically skip the adverts. When watching (not recording) is there a way to skip the adverts.

Would welcome your comments please.

Border View 13 Feb 10

Another thought - do you get all the Channel 5 channels on freesat? If not are you able to switch from freesat to freeview (our tv has integrated freeview).

anchor 13 Feb 10

I know almost nothing about this recorder, but I very much doubt that you can skip the adverts whilst recording. I always record programmes with commercial breaks, then play them back with fast forward during the ads.

It would seem impossible to skip the ads when watching live.

Border View 13 Feb 10

Thanks anchor, thought I was asking for the moon.

dms_05 14 Feb 10

No it doesn't skip adverts. You can't receive any encrypted programmes. You will be restricted (at present) to BBC HD and the very limited amount of ITV HD. Most HD programming is encrypted and therefore subscription based. BBC1 etc and ITV1 etc are not currently in HD so it's SD.

tigertop2 14 Feb 10

having had one for 6 months now I can safely say it is a very nice piece of well manufactured hardware and sensible software

Border View 14 Feb 10

Thank you dms_05 and tigertop2 for responding

LANDCRUISER 18 Feb 10

i do have one & works well with my pan tv,at the moment you get hd for bbc & itv & yes you get ch 5, had it for 3 months now & its great

Border View 18 Feb 10

Thanks Landcruiser

The Old Mod 18 Feb 10

I've had one now for a few months and my brother foe a year, both of us have had no problems, a great piece of kit and very easy to use.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message