humax foxsat hd box and channel search?

frankie 21:58 30 Dec 08

humax foxsat hd box and channel search?this is the one fed from the dish,anyone got one of these,been used to sky and there search,this humax box is doing my head in,done a auto search,and all channels list fine and in order ie bbc 1,bbc2 etc,however do a manual tune,it picks up all free to air ones,thats fine,but then all normal channels are all over place and seem to start in 5000,s,instead of the 101,for bbc1 etc, any ideas,or is it me,being a old git,

Stuartli 21:33 31 Dec 08

What does the manual advise?

Jim Thing 21:49 31 Dec 08

The Humax Foxsat box has two operating modes: one gives you all the Freesat channels complete with the 8-day EPG, while the other gives you all the non-Freesat channels and no EPG. The non-Freesat channels start at 5001.

I think you may have accidentally switched your STB to non-Freesat mode.

Try selecting Menu, then Settings and look at the bottom item (STB Mode) in the Settings menu; I suspect that yours will say Non-Freesat. You can change it to Freesat by pressing OK, followed by 2 x EXIT.

Hope this helps.

Jim Thing 21:49 31 Dec 08

The Humax Foxsat box has two operating modes: one gives you all the Freesat channels complete with the 8-day EPG, while the other gives you all the non-Freesat channels and no EPG. The non-Freesat channels start at 5001.

I think you may have accidentally switched your STB to non-Freesat mode.

Try selecting Menu, then Settings and look at the bottom item (STB Mode) in the Settings menu; I suspect that yours will say Non-Freesat. You can change it to Freesat by pressing OK, followed by 2 x EXIT.

Hope this helps.

Jim Thing 21:50 31 Dec 08

Hair-trigger mouse button!

frankie 20:06 01 Jan 09

many thanks sir your a star.cracked it,happy new year to you,

Jim Thing 20:28 01 Jan 09

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
Happy New Year from a fellow Old Git.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…