HTC Sensation: Mail Has Stopped Unexpectedly

Flopper 16:33 PM 27 Jan 13

I have several email accounts which go to my phone, ie, Exchange, Gmail, Hotmail but they have suddenly stopped working with the above message. Any suggestions?

HXP 18:15 PM 27 Jan 13

Forgive me if I state the obvious but I find it best to start with the basics then work on from there.

First battery out wait 30 seconds battery back in - retest Can you surf the web ( this is checking data connection ) IF yes are you on WiFi or GPRs ( the mobile data network ) If unable to surf web then you have no data connection or the WiFi log on had failed or the mobile APN is messing - or mobile data is turned off - all things to check. ( If no data on wifi turn it off and try gprs and vice versa ) Go into your email account [menu] try refresh now If you have more than one email account it is unlikely that they would all stop at the same time If you have only one email address - delete and re add If all of the above fails then look for a software update for your handset

If you could tell us what you see on the top of the screen ( wifi symbol or GPRS symbol either G H E or 3G that would help. Also your mobile service provider and then we could look up the APN settings you need.

Flopper 19:33 PM 27 Jan 13

I could surf the web before and can again. I did the battery thing as you suggested but no change. Settings wise both Wi-Fi and Mobile Network are switched on. The only icons I can see at the top are for the wi-fi, the battery, the clock and the current time. I am sure there is usually another icon but I can't really describe it but I think it was the GPRS icon.

Flopper 10:29 AM 01 Feb 13

I reset the phone to factory default settings after backing up anything important and it now works as it should.

jemyclarke 05:24 AM 13 Feb 13

How could this possible? HTC is one of the best brand who make smartphones in the world. I also used HTC smartphone and it was really great device. I should contact with your official website of HTC.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…