HTC Hero Software Upgrade

VideoSentry 12:17 PM 13 Jan 11

My Hero ( T-Mobile ) is currently Android 1.5 ,I have seen / been told that I can up it to 2.2 and get more apps than before but the HTC website states that it is not possible? Has anyone upgraded their Hero ?

preston 23:11 PM 13 Jan 11

You can only get 2.1. To get 2.2 you would have to root your phone, which will turn it into a brick if you get it wrong. To update the phone, Go to>Settings > About phone> System software updates and then click,Check now.
Another option would be to upgrade your phone. I upgraded to an Htc Desire. It has 2.2 and loads more extra features and non of the problems the Hero had.

preston 23:15 PM 13 Jan 11

Android 2.3 will be rolling out soon,so upgrading your phone might be the better option.

VideoSentry 10:32 AM 18 Jan 11

I have tried your suggestion but it does not allow Me to do it,I will be popping into the T-Mobile shop later to see if they ( T-Mobile) have blocked the upgrade.

VideoSentry 12:43 PM 24 Jan 11

Having been into the local T-Mobile shop the lad there informs Me that it is not possible -without the risk of turning the phone into a brick- to update it! So I will now await the end of contract.

Tim1964 23:19 PM 01 Feb 11

My wife and daughter both have a Hero (on Orange) and although it was a long time coming they are running 2.1..........(free sat-nav, yay!)

Is it a T Mobile issue ???

VideoSentry 10:44 AM 02 Feb 11

I think it may be,when did you get the oroange version ? As mine is from Nov 2009, I have found a chap that says "Yes, I can install a custom ROM which is running a
reliable, stable and better performance version of
2.2. If you would like to book the phone in for
service, please click the 'Buy it Now' link and I
will send you further instructions including my
delivery address after payment has processed." for £21 all inclusive,
So I may try him ( Good feedback so far on E bay )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off