How to unlock a Huawei Ascent G300

alibob1526 09:38 AM 22 Sep 12

Three weeks ago I bought a Huawei Ascent G300 phone from Tesco's in Ayr. It is apparently locked to Vodaphone which would be OK but for the extortionate charges for phone calls, more than twice the cost of my present supplier. I have tried to get it unlocked,(3 different shops) but none were able to unlock the phone, something to do with wrong software, may have to wait a few weeks apparently. Why is it not easier to unlock phones?, why sell phones if they cannot be unlocked?. Any suggestions would be helpful to a very senior citizen. Thank's.

Sicknote2479 12:58 PM 24 Sep 12

I got my son'a one done from a seller on eBay, cost me about £6 and the code was sent to me in a day our so. Worked first time

alibob1526 17:04 PM 24 Sep 12

Ref my query about unlocking my new Huawei phone, I tried 3 different phone shops who all tried unsucessfuly to unlock it then phoned Vodaphone who gave me a number to put in, did that switched phone off, put in my other sim card , tried again & the phone worked. The shop prices ranged from £15 to £20.The phone call cost nothing. Hope this helps someone else.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone