How to Test a Satellite Motor?

kjrider 12:25 19 May 13

I bought a Satellite Motor at a car boot sale for £15, which seemed to be in quite good condition. Its a Superjack DG-120 DSiSEqC 1.2 H-H mount which can also do USALS. It has a single coaxial cable for power and control. I have been trying to find some info or a manual to download, without success.

I want to test it out before I climb up on the roof to fix it, but I don't know how to do it. My receiver is an amiko SHD-7900 CICX PVR.

any info would be really appreciated.

Cheers

KJR

wiz-king 06:54 20 May 13

I hope you have the control box / receiver that goes with it or one that has the required type of connection. I cannot see that on your receivers spec.

wiz-king 08:01 20 May 13

Ignore that - it does have the required connections.

User manual for tunerand for the rotator not much info though.

kjrider 09:04 20 May 13

Hi wiz-king

There is no control box for the motor - it is controlled by the Satellite receiver that can switch between DISEqC 1.2 or USALS functions.

The only connection is the coaxial lead that goes to the LNB, through the motor. That supplies the power and the control to the motor.

TV-Repairman 07:35 25 May 13

Just connect the DiSEqC motor to the receiver and fiddle with the menu settings. If you can get the motor to rotate east/west, it's almost certainly OK. No need to connect to an LNB for testing purposes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…