How to record a digital ch while watching another.

Zerogravity 21:31 07 Sep 09

I have an old fashioned TV (big box) and I just bought a VCR/DVD HDD combi with freeview. The DVD recorder is connected to the TV with a scart lead to the AV1 connection on the TV.
My problem is that at the moment I can record a digital channel while watching an analogue channel on the TV, but I cannot record a digital channel while watching another digital channel which will become more of a problem when everything will go digital.
I have a standalone digibox that I have used with my previous DVD recorder, if I connect the digibox to the AV2 connection on the television, will I be able to record one digital channel while watching another digital channel? If the answer is yes, how do I connect the antenna in and out cables? At the moment it goes in the combi and out to the TV.(I hope you understand what I mean).

natdoor 09:15 08 Sep 09

Just connect the freeview box to the RF out from the combi box in place of the TV. You can connect the TV to the RF out from the freeview box if you wish but this will not be necessary as you can get two digital channels concurrently, one to record and one to watch, so can dispense with analogue.

Zerogravity 20:15 08 Sep 09

Thanks, I will do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now