How old is this Panasonic 14" analogue TV?

Diemmess 29 Mar 13
Answered

Model number is TX-14B4T

A trivial question, but if it is as old as I think it is, will give me a better argument in favour of replacing it! I have long since thrown away any paperwork now all warranties have expired and the retailer has closed.

The user manual has a number at the bottom of the front page, but may have more to do with the part number of the manual than any date of manufacturer --- This number is TQB8E3504-1

bremner 29 Mar 13

It was first available on Amazon on 1/1/2001

Diemmess 30 Mar 13
Answer

Thank you bremner, most helpful.

Its fine at present but gave me thought abut replacement when like a slap in the freeview box faile to find any signals during this weeks retune.

A good and very savvy friend gave me a simple answer which might just help others with systems that are functioning fine until it is time to re-tune.

Pull the aerial connection out so there's no possibility of a signal reaching the freeview box.

Carry out the re-tune as far as failure to find any signal. Replace the aerial, and run re-tune once more. Hey Presto!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message