How old is this Panasonic 14" analogue TV?

Diemmess 10:21 AM 29 Mar 13

Model number is TX-14B4T

A trivial question, but if it is as old as I think it is, will give me a better argument in favour of replacing it! I have long since thrown away any paperwork now all warranties have expired and the retailer has closed.

The user manual has a number at the bottom of the front page, but may have more to do with the part number of the manual than any date of manufacturer --- This number is TQB8E3504-1

bremner 15:30 PM 29 Mar 13

It was first available on Amazon on 1/1/2001

Diemmess 12:24 PM 30 Mar 13

Thank you bremner, most helpful.

Its fine at present but gave me thought abut replacement when like a slap in the freeview box faile to find any signals during this weeks retune.

A good and very savvy friend gave me a simple answer which might just help others with systems that are functioning fine until it is time to re-tune.

Pull the aerial connection out so there's no possibility of a signal reaching the freeview box.

Carry out the re-tune as far as failure to find any signal. Replace the aerial, and run re-tune once more. Hey Presto!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016