How long to upload to Youtube

Trikie 18 Dec 10

I've just put a couple of videos on Youtube. It's my first try and I was surprised to find that a 6 minute video in mpeg2 took 60 minutes. Is this typical?

Trikie 18 Dec 10

Thanks Beta. Is there a way I can find this? I'm with Virgin on their Broadband Size L.

D@ve 19 Dec 10

Your upload speed should be 512Kbps.

So let's say that you can achieve a consistent speed of 50KB/s (it will probably be slightly higher than that), divide the size of your video (in KB) by 50 and that will tell you how many seconds it would take if it were uploading at maximum speed.

If that time is similar to what you experienced then you know that your connection is the bottleneck.

Trikie 19 Dec 10

Thanks everyone - speed is 47 so times check out. Roll on next August when this area gets the higher speed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message