how do i transfer video ive made onto dvd

chickabookins 09:23 28 Mar 08

wondered if some one can help me, ive made a video using windows movie maker but how do i transfer it on to a disc so it can be played on dvd player
thank you

lofty29 11:30 28 Mar 08

Hi You would be better on helpdesk, however it you have it in VOB files then just burn using for example nero, be sure to finalise the disc
also click here.

lofty29 11:31 28 Mar 08

ps sorry got the link wrong but google for microsoft moviemaker expert

anchor 13:01 28 Mar 08

DVD Flick works fine; (least for Windows XP). Free.

click here

David4637 16:00 28 Mar 08

It needs to be converted from WMM to a DVD. Two options -
1. use DVD Flick as above
2. If you want to do more ediiting, then get a proper video editting prog, such as Ulead, Adobe Elements or Pinnacle Studio V943 or better (I use this) and that will burn DIRECTLY to a DVD and probably give you a better quality output. David

lofty29 16:20 28 Mar 08

David4637
Never used WMM so do not know what file it uses, I use win dvd or powerproducer

Acx 16:35 28 Mar 08
  anchor 16:42 28 Mar 08

chickabookins:

You say you have made a movie in Windows Movie Maker. The chances are that you saved it as a WMV file, which is the default - (hopefully at best quality).

DVDflick will convert and burn this to a DVD that will play in any DVD Player. I have done this a few times.

Note: you will probably get better quality if in future, you save the finished movie from WMM as an avi file.

chickabookins 16:56 28 Mar 08

thank you all for replying, when i made the video with windows movie maker it never gave me an option on how i want to save it is there newere else were i can make movies free of course or can i with dvdflick (never even heard it before), ive downloaded dvd flick like you said, so il let you no how i get on

thank you so much

chickabookins 17:47 28 Mar 08

ive downloaded dvd flick but cant get it to work, when i try open new project or open project it chucks me out grr

Acx 19:52 28 Mar 08

'it never gave me an option on how i want to save it'

Taken from the link I gave above

After you've decided on your output format, click Save to my computer under Finish Movie in the task pane. Enter an output file name and click Next.

If only one format choice is visible, CLICK SHOW MORE CHOICES. Now three choices should be available. CLICK OTHER SETTINGS and then select your desired format from the list. Click Next and wait for the output to complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos