How do I root a Huawei Ascend Y300-0151?

PaddyEire 23:35 21 Feb 14

I have been trying to root my Huawei mobile pretty much on and off since I purchased it 6 months ago however I am finding it near impossible to do.

I have followed almost every quick-step guide and downloaded about half a dozen programs that claim to do it for me but nothing has worked.

I firstly contacted Huawei for the unlock code, I provided all the info requested on the form however they replied and said they could find no unlock code for my phone.

When I follow the online guides I will get so far and the the phone won't react as it should in the guide so I hit a wall.

When I download the programs which are supposed to do it all for me, they can't pick up my handset, regardless of what mode it is connected in or if Debugging is on or off.

I then tried searching for drivers in case they were out of date however the Huawei website has none available for my model.

I'm somewhat at a loss now, there are about 20 apps on my phone I would like to get rid of as the apps I actually need are no longer updating due to lack of memory.

Any help/advice you could give would be much appreciated.

greatdroid 13:28 04 Mar 14

I would recommend you to look for a suitable rooting procedure from xda-developers or Playfuldroid. Anyway you may want to try rooting your device using motochopper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…