How do I record freeview ??

Keefuls65 10:06 13 Oct 06

I have an HD ready integrated freeview TV.I have bought a Tevion HDD/DVD recorder.When I setup my recorder it only found my analog stations and my SKY+ signals.Is there any way to record my freeview channels?

anskyber 10:40 13 Oct 06

Assuming you have connected by a scart it should be possible to tell the recorder to record from the input from the AV input you are using. The recorder will not find all the freeview channels in the normal analogue sense unless it has a digital tuner itself.
It is then the case you should use the recording facility in the digital section of your tv which will output from the tv scart. Its usually the case that one of the tvs scarts is "smartlinked" or some such description and that is the best one to use.

Keefuls65 10:42 13 Oct 06

Thank you I will try that set up.

Stuartli 15:12 17 Oct 06

I have a Pioneer ITVDigital set top box and a 13-year-old Mitsubishi H58 Nicam stereo VCR - to record Freeview programmes I have to use L1 or L2 (the old satellite channels earmarked for recording purposes).

The rest of the channels are set as for normal analogue stations i.e. BBC1 and 2, ITV1, Channel Four and Five.

postie24 17:06 17 Oct 06

If the above doesnt work out for you,go in to the menu on your tv remote,and look for av presets.set one of the scarts on your tv to output the signal.Then run a scart lead from that output to your dvd recorder.you will then be able to record form the tv,s digital tuner.Roughly like anskyber was saying.If you had set top box,stuartli,s reply would work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…