How Do I Install Apps onto an HTC Touch?

s99Raj 13:34 PM 31 Dec 09

I have a HTC Touch Diamond P3700 and I'm trying to load some apps to it but I can't figure out how.

For example, I've downloaded MSS Converter from freewarepocketpc.net and unzipped the files.

All I can see are a bunch of generic looking icons with three different digits as their file extensions. Plus there's an XML setup file. What do I do with these please?

I'm using XP Prof and ActiveSync 4.5

s99Raj 20:31 PM 31 Dec 09

Thank you for your reply but the problem is that I can't see a .cab file.

I downloaded the application as a zip file and then unzipped it but no .cab files appear. I've tried this several times now with three different applications.

I assume I'm looking for a file ending in .cab

s99Raj 21:42 PM 31 Dec 09

I've tried again but this time I installed the unzipped version and it seems to work.

However, I get stuck on the part where it asks me if I wish to store the application on the Device or the Internal Storage.

What's the difference and which do I choose?

mark2 21:43 PM 31 Dec 09

is your pc downloading them as a zip rather yhan as a .cab file, i've been to the download page, opera tells me it's MSS Converter.Cab (1.9MB)

You could try renaming your download extension to .cab then cop to your htc and install from there

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites