How do I connect my PC to Plasma TV ?

Paul33 21 Feb 10

I'm really struggling with this one so any help appreciated.

I have an XP Pro PC and a Plasma TV with HDMI input and I want to hook up so that I can view my PC on the TV screen.

I have a DVI - HDMI cable but when I hook up to the PC, nothing happens. When I check my video card control panel, it doesn't allow me to have dual outputs (settings are greyed out) and the only active option seems to be analog output.

I've tried putting a DVI-VGA adapter on one end of the cable but, again, nothing appears on the TV.

I'm clearly doing something stupid wrong here or maybe my video card is not the right one (NVIDIA Ge-Force 7025/nForce 630a).

Any ideas ?

BRYNIT 21 Feb 10

You need to connect the computer to the TV when they are switched off. Switch TV on and change to HMDI channel switch the computer on and you should now be able go into the display options to use the dual output.

Does your computer have a HDMI connection if it does it is better to connect the HMDI to HMDI and will also allow you to have the sound through your TV.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message