How do I block a phone number

steve263000 25 Jan 13

I have a Nokia Lumina 820 with Virgin Mobile. No problem with the phone but someone keeps sending on stupid texts and calls. I know who it is but for reasons I do not wish to discuss here, i cannot just get over and 'sort him out'.

Virgin say they cannot block his number but have offered me a new number. Why should I change? All my family and work have my number. The phone itself as far as I can find out does hot have the facility to block numbers.

It there an app out there that can be installed to block a phone number from coming through? I would have thought there would be something, somewhere, but it would have to be for a windows type phone.

nickf 26 Jan 13

As far as I am aware , there is no way to block a phone number . Your only recourse would be to report the matter to the police . Even if the caller is hiding there number , your service provider can get it , and pass it on to the police

steve263000 27 Jan 13

I had a horrible feeling that would be the answer but I had hoped there was an app out there that could do it. Surely someone could make good money out of that. If it gets too bad I will go to the police, but at the moment I have just stopped taking any notice of the texts and it seems to have calmed down a bit

Lazarus The 2nd 27 Jan 13

Scroll down to 2. Mobile phones of Nokia, Click here it mentions blacklist application, Try Google..

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message