How to connect a dvd vcr combi & sky to tv

pocketrocket22 13:23 20 Jun 09

I have a dvd/vcr combi and sky, how do i connect the combi with sky so that I can record? Tv has 2 scart sockets, sky is connected by scart to tv and dvd combi is connected to the other scart.I have a Wii connected by through the av leads, a lead from the sky box goes into the aerial socket on the back of the tv, there is no external aerial on the property, I have tried scart from sky into the combi with the combi scart in the tv but upon tuning it has no signal.Apart from the lead from the sky box to tv there is another lead which is in the back of the combi.I can play dvd/videos, but no channels come through the combi.
Hope someone can help..I am non technical, thanks

Terry Brown 15:46 20 Jun 09

I think the problem is you need to access the AV setting for your Video setting.

You need a box like this click here

so you can switch in/out of the various settings.
Terry

BRYNIT 17:48 20 Jun 09

Does your DVD/VCR combi have two scart connections. If so connect the Sky box to the combi via the second scart connections. If connected correctly you will need to have your DVD/VCR on line 2 for the picture to go to the TV.
You will only be able to record the channel you are watching.

Another way would be to connect the RF aerial lead from the sky box to the DVD/VCR and then to the TV. You can then tune the Sky box into the VCR.

DieSse 23:13 20 Jun 09

The combi should be connected via the video scart on the sky box (not to the TV). The sky bos tv scart to the TV.

The combi box should be set to the AV input (the scart cable).

I have this set up myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…