How can I transfer mini DV to my computer without a firewire port

ramelak 12:05 PM 10 Dec 12

I need to transfer videos from my mini DV tapes to my laptop, which doesnt have a firewire port. On connecting with a normal USB cable, it doesnt recognize the device - is there a way I can transfer without firewire?

Nontek 14:50 PM 10 Dec 12
  xw1985921 10:11 AM 13 Dec 12

You can try this function is very powerful Bros MOV converter software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros MOV converter you can find this powerful software.

orienne21 11:47 AM 13 Dec 12

If your laptop has an express card slot, you can buy one with a FireWire port. Obviously be sure to get the right size card for your slot and also be sure it has mini FireWire if that is what your connection lead has.

orienne21 11:55 AM 13 Dec 12

Maybe this link will show what I mean't about the express card. I'm NOT recommending this particular card and you should do your own research. Also Nonteks post,above may give you some ideas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006FXV84S/ref=pdlpok2dpsr1?pfrdp=103612307&pfrds=lpo-top-stripe&pfrdt=201&pfrdi=B003N3J354&pfrdm=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pfrd_r=057Y15A6P5C03AYG3NF7

woodchip 23:08 PM 17 Dec 12

If its a older Laptop you can buy a PCMCIA Firewire Card.

Link to Card

woodchip 23:11 PM 17 Dec 12

With the correct Software you can use USB to get the film onto Laptop. Not forgetting that If its not NTFS File System. Fat32 creates only 4Gig files so it splits the film

woodchip 23:12 PM 17 Dec 12

With the correct Software you can use USB to get the film onto Laptop. Not forgetting that If its not NTFS File System. Fat32 creates only 4Gig files so it splits the film

forumolacabs 10:38 AM 19 Dec 12

Olacabs is a Car Hire Bangalore Company.Olacabs Launch Android Apps for Bangalore Call Taxi. Passenger cab install apps from Google play in free pf cost and book nearest cab. Passenger can also track cab that moving towards you.

ramelak 10:47 AM 19 Dec 12

Thanks Orienne21, that does look like the solution to it

xw1985921 03:57 AM 09 Jan 13

Bros MOV Converter, competent, comprehensive and capable mov video conversion program to aid users to convert QuickTime mov video files to other video formats, MOV to AVI, MOV to 3GP, MOV to MP4, VOB, FLV and so on.

Bros MKV to MOV Converter, is an all in one mkv to mov video format converter, specially designed users to convert mkv to mov for QuickTime. So you can play your mov masterpieces on lots of media players like iPod, iPhone,etc.

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros MKV to MOV Converter you can find this powerful software.

Christmas more software discount promotions, affordable lot!Merry Christmas! Emicsoft-Christmas Discount

OXPDF-Christmas Discount

Brosvideo-Chrismas Discount

You will find a lot of software discount information!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites