Hours on DTR

maco2078 17:58 22 Mar 09

When I bought my new Thomson TU TV DTR It says I can record for 120 hours. I have recorded a couple of things and I currently have 37 hours and 50 mins left.

How come?

I did read something about you lose a lot of space by having TU TV but I opted out of that, for now at least.

Stuartli 18:32 22 Mar 09

Doe's that figure relate to recording at half-speed or similar?

BRYNIT 18:45 22 Mar 09

May I suggest you read the instructions book as it will tell you all you need to know.

To give you an idea you have the recording set at the high quality.

Its like a VHS recorder if you had set it to SP you get better picture quality if set to LP you get more on the tape but the picture quality is not as good.

maco2078 22:05 22 Mar 09

Thanks. I'll check it out.

maco2078 07:36 24 Mar 09

I have read and re-read my Manual and I still for the life of me cannot see anything about speed or hours.

All it says is about deleting stuff to create more storage space.

anchor 08:51 24 Mar 09

Having read consumer reviews of this model there seems to be many problems, including the one you are experiencing.

In that case the user found that doing a factory reset restored the counter. However, all earlier recordings on the machine were deleted.

Sad to say this model is a lemon.

maco2078 10:20 24 Mar 09

Ah well, at least I have about 45 hours of recording in all which means forcing myself to watch stuff I record instead of allowing it to stockpile and maybe it;s because so far I am not putting anything into different folders like drama, films. At present it is just in ALL.? Now't much on TV lately to record anyhow.

With the Goodmans that was the same. I did not have the full 80 hours.

One thing about stockpiling stuff is that when we had a breakdown and could get no TV (our whole block of flats) whilst some had no TV I discovered I could watch stuff I had recorded so nights were't entirely dull:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…