Hold back for itunes 5 patch

De Marcus™ 21:40 17 Sep 05

Quite a few members here are having/had a few gripes with Itunes 5, so heres a head's up till apple release an official patch for the software, WAIT, the patch should be released next week. click here

powerless 22:22 17 Sep 05

It's been OK [ish] for me.

De Marcus™ 22:25 17 Sep 05

My instalation went flawlessly, I think the bigest bugbear is down to the 'bonjour' service and quicktime. Hopefully apple will get this sorted quicktime also ;-) (sorry!)

Forum Editor 12:28 18 Sep 05

Then I tried to install some other software, and discovered that the iTunes install (it can only have been that) had messed with my registry, and the Windows installer threw a wobbly.

I've put that right, but I decided to do without the new iTunes version until they sort out the glitches.

De Marcus™ 10:52 19 Sep 05

bump n tick

Kate B 12:27 20 Sep 05

I've had no problems with the new version of iTunes - guess I've just been lucky!

interzone55 14:46 20 Sep 05

The problem relates to the Bonjour service installed to aid music sharing across a network.

For some reason it changes IP addresses of machines and it also changed the DNS server address stored in my DLink router.

A number of people have reported the DLink issue.

The workaround is to stop the Bonjour Service from the control panel

vinnyT 13:17 21 Sep 05

The patch is out, ver 5.0.1 download from betanews (4th down list).

click here

De Marcus™ 18:53 21 Sep 05

I can't see it vinnyT?

powerless 23:17 21 Sep 05

iTunes - Help - Check For iTunes Updates.

vinnyT 09:41 22 Sep 05

FAO De Marcus™
It now about 2 clicks on the pagedown key, sorry they added more links after I had posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…