High Quality Cordless Headphone Recommendations.

Big L 266 22:00 09 Nov 09

Hello.

I use a Asus Zonar D2X Audio Centre for playing my music collection either through my hi fi system or headphones. My current headphone are corded DJ Sennheiser HD25SP and still working well today.

I am looking to upgrade to a high quality cordless headphone similar to (or better than) the frequency range of this current headset. I believe they can be plugged into a jack plug from the Asus. If so, they must have a high-end possibly Dolby-based sound-reproduction covering a range of around 20' to 40' maximum.

I am not sure what I should be looking for when I go about purchasing them so welcome any personal recommendations, suggestions and manufacturer websites that can help me in the selecting process.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

morddwyd 09:35 10 Nov 09

Sennheiser themselves do a range of wireless 'phones.

Check out their website, and reviews, you should be able to find something to suit.

I recently upgraded from an HD 490 to an RS 130.

Big L 266 10:52 11 Nov 09

Hello. You can tell I came to computing late! It never occurred to me Sennheiser would be doing cordless but they do like you say and the RS130 looks to me to be a great bargain. I'll be off to some price comparison sites soon to get this bargain.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Big L 266

Big L 266 15:32 16 Nov 09

Hello morddwyd.

Am pleased to say I did order the RS130 from Amazon at a rather pleasing price! I ordered on Thursday,they were posted on Friday and they turned up Saturday. Having charged them overnight and used them for the first time on Sunday,I can say they're stunning!

I wobbled round each room, nook and cranny and even went down the garden and back with no loss of sounds anywhere. The quality is amazing and I can sit in my chair to listen to my 50s/60s/70s music mixed down with some PAMS jingles and old UK radio/tv adverts!

Thank you again for your welcomed recommendation!

morddwyd 16:27 16 Nov 09

Glad you're pleased with them.

I was slightly disappointed to be honest, see my review as laurie53 on 15 Oct on the Amazon site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced