High Definition Cam Corders

RobCharles1981 18:09 PM 07 Oct 09

Hi

I'm looking into upgrading my Sony Handy to a High Definition Cam Corder what are the best makes at the moment?

Thanks

Rob

morddwyd 20:20 PM 07 Oct 09

I've got a Panasonic which I'm well happy with.

RobCharles1981 20:50 PM 07 Oct 09

What Model And Where From ???

morddwyd 07:44 AM 08 Oct 09

HDC-SD1, normal retail outlet, can't remember which one.

RobCharles1981 19:57 PM 09 Oct 09

You can do better than that surely ?

LANDCRUISER 12:06 PM 13 Oct 09

have a look at QVC.com uk,they do h/d & you can try them for 30 days & if its not what you want just send it back for complete refund.

jack 16:44 PM 13 Oct 09

HD Camcorders are now. and very small.
I was browsing in John Lewis only yesterday to notice this.
Perehaps if you are near one worth a visit, or a peek at their web site

Woolwell 17:29 PM 14 Oct 09

I've been looking at this for a few weeks now to see if I can justify moving up from my old Sony to High Definition. It would seem that there isn't a lot to choose between Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Sanyo and Samsung. I have been reading reviews and possible getting myself confused between 1080i and 1080p etc. But it does seem that you get what you pay for in storage and low light capability. One of my concerns is editing High Def video on my PC as I don't have a Blu-Ray writer and worry that I will not be able to export it in High Def. I also gather that you need loads of HD and a good processor and RAM.
Reviews also state that it is worthwhile getting optical image stablisation.

RobCharles1981 18:07 PM 14 Oct 09

Woolwell

Hiya

I'm in the same boat as you but Ild like to keep to Sony a friend of mine invested in a HandyCam HD Ile find out what it was that he had.

RobCharles1981 15:22 PM 18 Oct 09

The Model I was on about is the:

Sony HDR-SR10E ?

Woolwell 15:51 PM 18 Oct 09

I think that the CX105E is the newer model. I have read the reviews on it and am undecided. Currently I am not sure I can justify the change as it would seem that I would need to spend over £500 to get good results.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites