Help with HDD/DVD dubbing to DVD disk please

Audio~~Chip 21:04 PM 02 Jun 13

I own a a Sony HD HDD/DVD Recorder standalone connected to my Sony Bravia TV.

What I need to do is burn a couple of my films and drama series to DVD Disk for later watching as I am running out of HDD space.

I understand that they call this Dubbing.

I tried this to a Verbatim DVD-R disk and I got the message unable to ... something relating to the DVD-R disk not being ready.

Do I have to do something to this disk before Dubbing to it. If you require the full message i will try again later and post back

Thanks for any forum group who can help.

Steven

Audio~~Chip 21:11 PM 03 Jun 13

Hello Lazurus The 2nd !

Thanks for calling in!

My Sony DVD Recorder is a HXD995 Model. My User Manual supplied with it covers 8 of them in a range from the 790 - 1095 models.

Hope you can help me, as I need to get some DVDs burnt to free up some HDD space.

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 22:24 PM 04 Jun 13

Hello all Just wondering if 'Lazarus The 2nd' is arround tonight ? to help Thanks

Audio~~Chip 23:26 PM 05 Jun 13

Hello Lazarus The 2nd (David)

Sorry, didn't know you had replied, I didn't get a email stating there was a reply.

Thanks for calling back!

I have pleanty of DVD-R Verbatim 4.7Gb, 16x 120mins to practice with, but will buy some other brand reading what your saying about certain branded Disk's.

I will post back with the full error earning message Friday or Saturday. I will try and find out the Recording mode lengths There are some films i recorded that were letterboxed when they were on TV

Will post back with more info Friday or Sat

Thanks for calling back !

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 08:42 AM 06 Jun 13

Morning David & The PCA Forum

I notice it states in the Manual on page 93 "You can Dub all of the Contents on a Finalised etc

It seems to refer to the different types of the DVD disks like -RW, -R etc but for DVD-R in brackets it states (video Mode)

Lower down in this paragraph it then stated HDD to DVD-R

I will go to the Tesco Extra today and pick up a selection of other branded DVD's like you mention and also a RW format.

Thank You again and speak later when you free

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 23:34 PM 06 Jun 13

Thanks David !

I got some Tesco DVD-RW Disks today but not tried them due to being busy with work all day.

So, I have been reading the wrong section missunderstanding what i need to do.

I will try this tomorrow evening and select HDD<-->DVD ! Will post later Friday evening to let you know what happens. If not sucessfull with Verbatim then I will open the Tesco Disks

How long does Dubbing of a say 1 1/2Hr programme take roughly. Does it have to Dub to the DVD from the HDD as the same speed like when watching it on TV ?

Thanks for the help and pointers and will post back Friday night

Cheers & Thank You

Steven

Audio~~Chip 22:33 PM 08 Jun 13

Thanks David

Finally got Sunday free ! so plan on trying the above out.

i understand there is LP, SP modes am i right in saying when recording from TV to HDD in SP Mode the picture is compressed and not as good as when in LP. Which I think LP is also the default.

Will sit down and try dubbing HDD <> DVD then HDD-DVD -RW

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 19:06 PM 09 Jun 13

Ok, just finally managed to try this dubbing from HDD to DVD-R 1st.

The film is 195mins long on the HDD and is going on the DVD in SP mode. it stated when setting it up the Film was bigger than the space on the DVD. So it stated it will adjust to make all titles to fit on the DVD Its started and states the Dubbing from HDD to DVD-R is going to take 5 Hours !

Take it thats not right then. HELP PLEASE !

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 01:13 AM 10 Jun 13

Hello David

I will read your reply tomorrow, my eyes are going now.

Correct with what you say, it was not going to fit on the DVD so it said it would make it fit. it should have just finished now.

I will find out tomorrow what recording mode my HDD records in from the TV, I might have accidently changed it last year and not realised.

Will be back later tomorrow

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 09:43 AM 10 Jun 13

Hello David

My TV programmes are recording in SP Mode, the 1st DVD I recorded from the HDD as mentioned was 195min long and took about 5hrs in SP mode.

So now I need how to record/Dub onto a DVD from the HDD in less time please.

Thanks for you help so far, really appreciated

Cheers Steven

Audio~~Chip 21:28 PM 10 Jun 13

Hello Lazurus the 2nd if you arround this evening?

Is there a other mode to Dub record from the HDD to DVD to make it a quicker process please.

Also What are Dual Layer DVD's for ?

Cheers Steven

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites