HELP with a freeview TV please

Helspoppy 16:28 PM 12 Aug 10

I have just bought a 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview for the bedroom. Initially I was just going to use it to watch dvd's and wasn't bothered about the freeview bit but I thought I might as well use all the functions if possible.

I don't have an aeriel socket in the bedroom.

I have Sky+ HD but only one box and that is in the lounge. I used to have multiroom so the cabling for an additional box is still in situ in the bedroom.

Has anyone any ideas which is the best way to go about getting freeview in the bedroom? Should I pay for an aeriel installation or is there a better/cheaper/alternative solution?

onthelimit 16:53 PM 12 Aug 10

Depends where you are relative to your local transmitter. If the signal's strong enough, you might get away with an indoor aerial in the bedroom. If not, an external one will need to be fitted (unless there's an existing hig gain one in the attic - easy enough to drop a lead into a bedroom).

Helspoppy 17:00 PM 12 Aug 10

thanks onthelimit. I don't have an aeriel in the loft but that can be sorted however I will try an indoor aeriel first.

BRYNIT 23:01 PM 12 Aug 10

You could either pay for an aerial installation or as you say you have already got the cable connected from the Sky dish you could buy a freesat box.

dms_05 11:25 AM 13 Aug 10

Or you could use the existing mutliroom cable to pass the RF output of the Sky box to the TV antenna input in the bedroom. You can also buy devices that allow you to change channel on the Sky box from the bedroom. You'd then get everything you pay Sky for with a minimal outlay and very little fiddling. It would be my choice.

birdface 14:31 PM 02 Sep 10

Not sure what the sky box is like but can you not put a splitter connect on the bit that goes from the box to the TV and the other one to the multiroom cabling.
I suppose like dms said you would need to watch whatever programs that you are watching in the living room.

john bunyan 17:59 PM 02 Sep 10

I am 73 and have installed roof and loft aerials quite easily. You do need a good signal and if the indoor one does not work , aloft one might do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know