Help with AVCHD movie files from my digital camera

tardis100 30 Apr 10

I have recently bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ38 digital camera. I didn’t buy it for it’s movie option but seeing that it was there I decided to have a go. The movies are saved in an AVCHD Lite format and while they play on the camera when I connect the camera to my laptop or put the Sandisk 4GB SDHC card straight into my Laptop all the “still” pics transfer over but there is no sign of the movie clips - they just do not show up at all. Put the card back in the camera and there they are again!! Can anyone offer help as to why they do not appear to transfer to my laptop? I have since realised that I can change the recording mode to .mov files and I have done this and those that I have taken since do transfer over to the laptop but still not the AVCHD files. I am using Windows XP Professional.

anchor 01 May 10

Finding them is a little obscure: Any help?

click here

tardis100 01 May 10

Thanks Anchor I've read up on Pinnacle but don't feel like shelling out about 50GBP as these were only short practise movies and I wont be using AVCHD again - (Panasonic also provide software for the files but if I can't get them over to the computer it's not much use!) anyway I do appreciate you taking time to offer a solution - thanks very much.

anchor 01 May 10

Try asking customer support how to upload the files to your PC

0844 844 3852

Monday to Thursday 9:00 - 17:30, and Friday 9:30 - 17:30

tonyt1151 02 May 10

I have a Panasonic TZ7 which also records movies in AVCHD and I had to download the Panasonic Photofun HD software to be able to play the movies on PC. Once done no more problems

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message