HDtv through Freeview

BurghBhoy 21:47 01 Jun 06

I have a phillips LCD tv which has freeview integrated & is also HD ready.
I'm hearing that it will be some time before I will be able to view HD channels? does anyone know if it's correct that HD will only be available to those with Sky, for quite some time.
Purchased my TV under the wave of publicity last year about the World cup etc being broadcast in HD!

Stuartli 00:01 02 Jun 06

click here

Once the analogue TV transmitters have been closed down between 2008 and 2012 the bandwidth will be available.

amonra 15:22 03 Jun 06

Dont hold your breath, it will be quite a time before you see HD on Freeview. Even then it will probably be pay-per-view.

Arthur Scrimshaw 15:47 03 Jun 06
  Stuartli 17:45 03 Jun 06

The BBC has stated its HD programmes will be free to those who have the necessary equipment to view it.

Stuartli 17:46 03 Jun 06
  amonra 19:26 04 Jun 06

I agree Stuartli, it will become available in the future, but in the meantime people are being "suckered" into buying HD ready sets by the promises of HD tomorrow ! Anyone wanting HD ASAP will have to subscribe to Mr Murdoch or Cable, both far from "free". Unscrupulous dealers are cashing in on the hype and I think it's sharp practice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…