HDMI to DVI cable from HDMI splitter No Image

noatron989 20:27 08 Apr 16

I am trying to display a single image on two "HD Ready" Samsung TV's from a single PC laptop. I am using the HDMI port on the laptop, and it is connected to a powered 1x2 HDMI splitter. Each output is connected to an HDMI to DVI-D cable. One is 35 feet the other 50 feet. The DVI-D end is plugged into two identical Samsung flatscreens.

The TV's display a black screen with this set-up. If they are disconnected they say "Check DVI Cable". If I plug one of the HDMI to DVI-D cables directly into the PC then that TV works fine. As soon as the splitter is introduced they go black, but they don't go to sleep. I say this because if they dont receive a signal for long enough they click off and go to sleep so it seems like they are acknowledging some sort of signal...?

Another set-up I tried was to use an 8x8 HDMI switcher instead of the 1x2 splitter. When I did that the TV's displayed something about being the wrong resolution.

Thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…