hdd in sky

menorcarob2 11:57 21 Jun 06

hi i have changed my HDD from 40GB to 200GB in my sky plus, i want to use the 40GB hdd in a computer but i cannot get the pc to see the disc does anyone have any ideas as to correct this problem so i can install windows on it, thanks

robin

rodriguez 16:52 21 Jun 06

Sky+ hard drives use a file system a PC can't recognise and also encrypts any recorded video so that programs stored on it can't be transferred to a PC. Even thought the filesystem is FAT32, I think it is locked in the same way as the Xbox hard drive - it needs the operating system of the Sky+ box to unlock the drive for use before it can be used. Only way to use it in the PC would be to do a low-level format which means write it full of 0's. Programs such as KillDisk (click here) will do this, or you can use MaxBlast, click here (which is designed for Maxtor drives) because the Sky+ hard drive is a Maxtor.

menorcarob2 19:44 21 Jun 06

i will try that and let you know

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…