HD Video Camera & Burning to DVD

LeedsLass 13:18 09 Jun 09

Hello

I'm in the market for a HD Video Camera and have decided on the Sony HDR-SR12 (but am still open to recommendation/advice if there's anything better out there).

I have a Full HD 46" Samsung LCD TV and am planning on purchasing a Sony PS3 in order to have a Blu-Ray player.

My question is, do I need a "special" HD (Blu-Ray?) burner in my PC to enable me to make HD (Blu-Ray) DVDs of my HD holiday videos or will my regular DVD burner do the job as long as I have HD (Blu-Ray?) discs to burn to and a HD player (PS3) to play the HD footage on?

It's all new to me and I want to make sure I have all the right equipment otherwise the new video camera will just be a waste of money.

Thanx in advance

Stuartli 23:04 09 Jun 09

You can't burn Blu-Ray disks on a standard DVD rewriter - you need a Blu-Ray equivalent plus burning software. Some help:

click here

LeedsLass 12:01 10 Jun 09

So between the HD video camera, the Sony PS3, the 1080p TV and a new Blu-Ray burner in my PC (plus software) I'll be set to make High Def/Blu-Ray home videos?

LeedsLass 12:01 10 Jun 09

Ta for the link - I'll have a read at home (won't open at work!!)

john bunyan 17:08 10 Jun 09

I have Roxio Creator 2009. I believe it has a blue ray burning potential - you could look at the profile in the Roxio website via Google. I use mine for music and disc burning of "normal" discs. Quite good but awful tech support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…