HD Video Camera & Burning to DVD

LeedsLass 13:18 09 Jun 09

Hello

I'm in the market for a HD Video Camera and have decided on the Sony HDR-SR12 (but am still open to recommendation/advice if there's anything better out there).

I have a Full HD 46" Samsung LCD TV and am planning on purchasing a Sony PS3 in order to have a Blu-Ray player.

My question is, do I need a "special" HD (Blu-Ray?) burner in my PC to enable me to make HD (Blu-Ray) DVDs of my HD holiday videos or will my regular DVD burner do the job as long as I have HD (Blu-Ray?) discs to burn to and a HD player (PS3) to play the HD footage on?

It's all new to me and I want to make sure I have all the right equipment otherwise the new video camera will just be a waste of money.

Thanx in advance

Stuartli 23:04 09 Jun 09

You can't burn Blu-Ray disks on a standard DVD rewriter - you need a Blu-Ray equivalent plus burning software. Some help:

click here

LeedsLass 12:01 10 Jun 09

So between the HD video camera, the Sony PS3, the 1080p TV and a new Blu-Ray burner in my PC (plus software) I'll be set to make High Def/Blu-Ray home videos?

LeedsLass 12:01 10 Jun 09

Ta for the link - I'll have a read at home (won't open at work!!)

john bunyan 17:08 10 Jun 09

I have Roxio Creator 2009. I believe it has a blue ray burning potential - you could look at the profile in the Roxio website via Google. I use mine for music and disc burning of "normal" discs. Quite good but awful tech support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5