HD LCD TV'S

crosstrainer 09:10 20 Jul 07

Has anyone tried one of these? click here

Or anything from the range? Been offered them at a very good price, and the specs look good. They also make monitors which have equally good specs.

Chinese based company used to make components ao they have been around for a while.

Al94 09:23 20 Jul 07

Here's one at a good price click here

Stuartli 10:39 20 Jul 07

Handspree offer excellent LCD sets, although it is better known in the UK at present for monitors at keen prices.

But don't forget to check that any model you may be interested in has both an analogue and digital tuner - quite a number of low price LCD models don't have a digital (i.e. Freeview) tuner which is part of the reason, of course, why they are being sold cheaply.

crosstrainer 11:16 20 Jul 07

These come with HD snd freeview, a Chinese manufacturer (ethical probs on buying?) But since I have purchased components from them...Why not?

I already have a Hitachi 38" LCD in the living room, It has no built in freeview or high def, but it does have a digital input, and makes a very scary ultra large monitor for games!

I wasn't planning on paying a fortune for High def anyway...but may buy a few and sell them (keep one for the bedroom!)

Stuartli 11:22 20 Jul 07

The vast bulk of computer components are manufactured in China, Taiwan etc.

Very few new LCD or plasma sets now come without an HDMI socket.

The point about acquiring an integrated digital TV (i.e. Freeview), is because most people don't particularly want to have extra visible wiring going to a television set from a Freeview set top box; even more relevant if the set is hung on a wall.

By the way e-Buyer has this Hanspree at £300:

click here

crosstrainer 11:59 20 Jul 07

But I can get 'em a lot cheaper! :)

crosstrainer 12:12 20 Jul 07

Has actually used one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced