Harmony universal remote control

exdragon 10:24 11 Mar 08

Hi - I've just been given one of these (the 555 version) but am having trouble setting it up and wondered if anyone can help. I guess my problem is probably the same whatever remote is being used.

I've added all the devices I want to control, but when working through the list of things to be done, keep getting askes the question, 'What input or channel does the TV (or PVR/DVD etc) use?'

I haven't a clue - anyone know how I find out? I've spoken to Logitech this morning and the problem is being escalated - all I really wanted to know was how to cancel the whole thing and start again, preferably with someone who knows what they are doing sitting next to me!

exdragon 10:25 11 Mar 08

I though it'd be easy to set the CD player up, but it asks the same question there too. All I do is stuff a CD in the DVD/CD player and it...errr..plays.

exdragon 16:37 11 Mar 08

I've set all the devices, as in one TV and VCR, and a second set up which includes a TV, Humax 9200T PVR (freeview) and a DVD/CD player. I've identified all the model numbers, so I'm happy with the actual devices.

What I'm trying to do now is set up the individual ones as Activities. With the PVR, I thought I'd cracked it, as it listed what would happen when I chose the 'Watch PVR' option - turn on PVR, turn on TV etc, but the TV doesn't turn on. I've just got back home, so it's back to the drawing board, I fear.
I think I'm confused by which input the various devices use - not too sure how to find out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…