Handy cam dcr-hc27 recording trouble

hocuspocus 10 Mar 10

Hiya ive just put my handy cam DCR-HC27 direct to my freeview HD, it usually works a treat but today for some reason its jumping into a type of self checking session.

It then skips through different camera views. B&W, sepia and pixilated, then safe shot and it looks like the camera is shaking and then I get a battery level simulated sign then levels of battery percentage and it turns off.

None of this comes through to the HD unit but it turns off once its run through the settings?

Its around every 15 to 20 minutes.

Ive never had it happen before and i've done filming direct to HD a few times now, up to 5 hours?? for quick set up CCTV and family events its great no tape worry.

Any one have any clues.

i had posted this elsewhere in the forum but think in the wrong place..sorry :)

hocuspocus 10 Mar 10

ok ive been daft. ive found the answer incase anyone else has the same trouble. on screen menu and turn the demo "in stand by" ..off.

hope this helps someone
thanks

LAP 14 Mar 10

'ok ive been daft' but you had a problem you found the answer and more importantly YOU gave a result. This may help others. Nice one.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message