Grrr,, as Hutber siaid, "improvement means deterio

hatrickj 13:34 03 Dec 06

I like my Olympus C750UZ bridge camera, except for its small LCD screen and sometimes its thirst for power. I had gone over to Li-ion rechargeables because the NiMHs discharged too quickly, when not used. Then up comes the SP510 with a larger screen and supposedly better power usage. Here's the grrr.

The blooming thing does not take LI-ions, only NiMHs.

Why on earth don't the manufactuers have some continuity? If I do go over to the new model are there any suggestions for a very quick 4x AA charger? is there still the problem with memory effect with NIMHs? Do I try to sell my old camera or trade it in, for how much?

oresome 16:38 03 Dec 06

I've always been of the opinion that a slow charge rate is kinder to the batteries and overcome this by having a spare set at the ready.

Memory effect shouldn't be a problem, paricularly if the batteries are allowed to fully discharge before recharging.

I don't think Jessops do trade in anymore which is perhaps indicative of the price deflation and rising specification in this type of product resulting in rapid depreciation of the old model.

siouxah1 17:27 03 Dec 06

click here

Try here for charger and battery. I use the V6000, very good and not expensive. Used with batteries from same source.

No, the NiMH should not have a memory. But they do self discharge.

hssutton 19:53 03 Dec 06

There are a number of fast chargers on the market, I have the Ansmann and find it to be excellent. 1 1/2 hour charge for 2200 mah charge £37 click here

siouxah1 10:43 04 Dec 06

click here

Have a read of these pearls of wisdom. All you need to know about rechargeables.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…